Sheerness is the principal town on the island and primary shopping area.
The following can be found in Sheerness:
- An award winning Blue Flag beach which is lifeguarded during the summer
- Supermarkets: Tesco, Aldi, Iceland and Co-op
- Sheppey Leisure Complex: comprising a swimming pool, gym, squash and tennis courts, large multi sports hall and more.
- Sheppey Healthy Living Centre
- Sheppey College: offers a variety of courses
- Sheerness Town Clock: can be found at the centre of the high street and was built to commemorate the coronation of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra in 1902.
- Sheerness Gateway (link): the main library and access to council services.
- A large selection of independent shops
- The Port of Sheerness: this is commercially operated by Peel Ports and entry by the public is not permitted.
- Rose Street Cottage of Curiosities: a former dockyard workers cottage turned into a museum of miscellaneous artifacts.